Re: Temp Segment max extent reached

From: Suhen Pather <pathers5_at_telkom.co.za>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:18:49 +0200

Hi

It is not the Temp tablespace that has reached maxextents but the STAGE_D = tablespace.
You can check the size and storage parameters of the STAGE_D tablespace. It may be insufficient.
Either increase space by adding a datafile or increase maxextents(which = may be set too low).

Hope this Helps

Regards
Suhen Pather
Oracle DBA
Telkom SA

>>> cemail_at_sprintmail.com 06/22/00 07:49PM >>>

Please help. I am trying to create a table based on a select from another table. There is 2000MB in the TEMP tablespace and maxextents is set to unlimited. I am getting this error after running the query:

SQL> create table temp_tb as
  2 select * from tb_cnt;
select * from tb_sfa_prsbr_brand_rx_cnt

              *
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-01630: max # extents (1017) reached in temp segment in tablespace STAGE_D The TEMP tablespace only fills to .031M before it chokes. How can I fix this?

Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html ) The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!

--=20
Author:=20
  INET: cemail_at_sprintmail.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jun 23 2000 - 02:18:49 CDT