Error on install of Oracle 8 Personal Edition V8.0.4

From: Mullings, Daniel <daniel.mullings_at_hq.gte.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:12:17 -0500

Whenever I try to install Personal Oracle on my HP Omnibook Laptop NT 4.0 Sp6a 8gb hd and 288mb ram, I receive a Dr. Watson Error in Orainst.exe.

This is shortly after the install begins. It asks for the Oracle Home dir and then select Application Developer or User and then it crashes!

What could be wrong?

I have the Oracle 8 client installed (8.0.3), upgraded from the 7.3 client.

I didn't think there would be a conflict between the two.

Daniel Mullings
MTSC - Advisory Systems Engineer
GTE Data Services
Irving, Texas