Re: PL/SQL and external procedures -- Linux :-) Solaris :-(

From: Robert Eskridge <bryny_at_dfweahs.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 18:42:45 -0500

How come I can never figure these things out until I write a big long note in here?

The problem turned out to be a line in sqlnet.ora on the Solaris machine.

NAMES.DEFAULT_DOMAIN = world

That was keeping the EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA alias from being recognized. I've found I can get it working by either commenting out the line in sqlnet.ora or by changing the alias to EXTPROC_CONNECTION_DATA.world (which looks funny but works).

Sorry I took up bandwidth with this.

-rje