Oracle Integration

From: Todd McLain <mclaint_at_kdd-ok.ne.jp>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:33:20 +0900

Greetings All,

As somebody pointed out before, SQL Server databases are great, because eventually somebody has to upgrade them. I am stuck in that postition now, trying to move our SQL Server7 databases to Oracle. Moving the databases was not a problem, but management wants me to keep both databases running for about a month. My current method is for the end users to use the SQL Server database, then I schedule a DTS export package every morning to export the SQL database to the Oracle server. Does anybody know of a way I can do this on a transactional basis (replicate from SQL Server to Oracle?) vice doing it once a day?

Also, I'm trying to find a way to make my Oracle database userid's and passwords to mirror the NT authentication userid's and passwords. The catch that I have run into is that Oracle is running on Solaris, not NT. I can mirror the userid/password to the Unix box, but I can't get Oracle to mirror them. We have a really strong password policy that requires users to change passwords bi-weekly, and they are getting confused. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Todd

Todd W. McLain
Systems Engineer
KDD Okinawa Service Co., Ltd. Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 19:33:20 CDT