Re: Auto-run batch processes in Oracle

From: B Siva Shankar <bsshankar_at_chennai.tcs.co.in>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 13:22:41 +0530

--0__=AFZvFwDR1RerjBpFjffR6hHdIdRMtf8BiifNXUvYqF6UL8oopKvzWzyH Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline

Hello Gurus,

Thanks a lot for all your replies. It is working fine. The problem was with JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES parameter in the initSID file.

Thanks again,
Shiva.

"Bert De Ridder" <b.deridder_at_nissan.be> on 06/22/2000 02:17:17 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: B Siva Shankar/MLs/TCSCHENNAI)

Subject: Re: Auto-run batch processes in Oracle

I don't know about other platforms, but I have to issue a commit after a dbms_job.submit
(7.3 on Netware)

Bert De Ridder
Nissan Belgium

Disclaimer : The opinions expressed in this message are my own,

                   and are not necessarily those of NV Nissan Belgium.

>>> "Libal, Ivo" <ivo.libal_at_knapp-systems.com> 21/06/2000 15:51:32 >>>
How many background job processes do you have? see init.ora params:
JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES
JOB_QUEUE_INTERVAL
by default #of processes=0
Ivo Libal

=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: B Siva Shankar [SMTP:bsshankar_at_chennai.tcs.co.in]
> Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 21. Juni 2000 14:57
> An: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
> Betreff: Re:Auto-run batch processes in Oracle
>

> Hello Guru,
>
> Thanks a lot. I have submitted one job to be executed at exactly a mi=
nute
> later
> than current time. The exact command is
>
> exec
> dbms_job.submit(:x,'batch_test;',sysdate+(1/1540),'sysdate+(1/1540)')=
;

> where batch_test is a procedure which inserts a record in a table and=

> commits.
> Then I checked for the
> next_date in dba_jobs for this job. It showed the expected time(i.e. =
one
> minute
> later than current time).
> But, when even after 5 minutes, I find no new records in the table. I=

> checked
> the alert log. But, found nothing
> abnormal.
>
> Can you please explain this?
>
> Shiva.
>

> dgoulet_at_vicr.com on 06/16/2000 07:56:02 PM
>
> To: B Siva Shankar/MLs/TCSCHENNAI_at_TCSCHENNAI, Multiple recipients o=
> list
> ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> cc:
>

> Shiva,
>
> Once you have the procedure written (functions I do not believe c=
an be
> used
> directly) then you can use the DBMS_JOB package to schedule the job. =
 Use

Author: Libal, Ivo
  INET: ivo.libal_at_knapp-systems.com

Author: Bert De Ridder