RE: Locally Managed Tablespace Survey

From: kgopalakrishnan <kgopalakrishnan_at_mantraonline.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:54:32

Hi Gaja !

I think this 125 minute cleanup is the SMON time out operation and i guess it is NOT a new feature of Oracle 8i. It is there from 7.3

THe normal time out for SMON is 5 minutes.Here it scans the FET$ and coalesces the extents (PCTFREE>0 right?) and eevery 25th time out (or wakeup) it cleans the TEMP segments(SEG$).

25*5 125 minutes.

So Here is the SMON's Schedule

Every

5 Minues..      Coalesce the extents
125 minutes     Cleanup the TEMP Segments
12 Hours        Shrink the Rollback Segments

Anybody wants to add anything to SMON's Schedule??? WElcome

K Gopalakrishnan
Bangalore, INDIA
http://www.geocities.com/kgkrish