Arithmetic and (&) bitmap comparison

From: Lucia DeMeester <ldemeester_at_nm2.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:16:02 -0700

Does any one know whether Oracle supports arithmetic &. We are converting Sybase to Oracle. In sybase, my analyst has the follow codes it was working but he gets error when accessing Oracle.

select * from orders
where store_id = 'A'
  and status > 255
  and status & (256+128) = 256
order by order_date desc

but it's complaining

ERROR at line 4:
ORA-00920: invalid relational operator

The data type for status is number in Oracle.

Thanks!! Received on Thu Jun 22 2000 - 17:16:02 CDT