Re: RMAN on 8.0.?

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 07:21:44 -0400

It was flaky on 8.0.4 but on 8.0.5.1 it works fine. We use it for all backups except the cold backups done with the OS backup. We do backups to disc and put them on tape from there. I have been using it since I got here 2 years ago and I think it is well worth the time to learn it.

FWIW,
Ruth B. Gramolini
ORACLE & DB2 DBA
VT Dept. of Taxes