RE: I/O activity during HOT backups- CORRECTED??

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:44:49 -0700 (PDT)

Gopal,

As mentioned by Rachel and I agree with her, I do not mess with "underscore" parameters as a rule. The few exceptions are parameters like _trace_files_public (to provide read access of trace files to everyone) and _db_block_hash_buckets (if there is evidence of cache buffer chain latch contention).

I will most definitely not mess with anything related with "log block" as it has the "potential" to jeopardise recoverability, given the right circumstances. One has to research the dependencies of any "underscore" parameter with other related parameters before modifying it. It is a risk I am unwilling to take, unless I absolutely know what the impact of the change is.

Best Regards,

Gaja.