RE: DB Block Buffers - Too Much ???

From: Weaver, Walt <wweaver_at_rightnowtech.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:05:52 -0600

Just out of curiousity, did you measure hit ratio soon after re-starting the database? Wouldn't the hit ratio be misleadingly low for a while, since Oracle was probably busy reading disk and loading stuff into the buffers?

Other than that, I suppose you could monitor vmstat or some other utility to see if excessive memory swapping is going on.

--Walt Weaver

  Bozeman, Montana, USA

Author: Deepak Sharma
  INET: sharmakdeep_at_yahoo.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 12:05:52 CDT