changing db alias names

From: L. Trindle Gennari <gennari_at_pop.angami.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:29:44 -0700

Hey gang-

I have a question for all y'all who use NT to manage Solaris DBs....

The development group has decided that they really really want to change the database aliases for our production and development servers - they sent out a new tnsnames.ora file for everyone to use in the brave new world (don't even get me started on how I feel about developers messing with anything.ora. sigh.). Anyway, since there's one of me and 8 of them, I'm trying to see if I can alter my world to fit without too much trouble or raising a stink.

My OEM is all set up with the old aliases, i.e., when I log in I see two databases named x and y. If I change my tnsnames file, I can't even start OEM. It gives an error about invalid credentials.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get OEM to see p and q instead of x and y and how I would go about that? Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 13:29:44 CDT