Rollback scenario - determining estimated completion time

From: Linda Hagedorn <Linda_at_pets.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:02:33 -0700

Hello,

I need to:

  1. identify a user in rollback,
  2. identify the time the transaction or job started,
  3. identify the time the rollback started
  4. project the estimated completion time for the rollback based on (number-of-logs-to-scan x log-scan-elapsed-time) + time to write new redo logs.

If someone has this scenario and queries documented, may I have a copy?

Also, keeping in mind data integrity, is there a way to abort a rollback? In this particular case, it's a single field update, upper to lower case, for an entire table. The user can start the update again with no problem, if I can abort the rollback without damaging or marking the table unusable or in recovery. No other transactions are affecting this table.

Thanks, Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 14:02:33 CDT