RE: Truncate Qs

From: Prabal Biswas <willsm_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:22:11 GMT

Thanks everyone for the answer
Prabal

From: Brian MacLean <bmaclean_at_homebid.com> Reply-To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: RE: Truncate Qs
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 13:58:07 -0800

Taken from Oracle8i SQL Reference Release 8.1.5 A67779-01 at http://sitelicense.arizona.edu/~oradoc/DOC/server.815/a67779/ch4m.htm#13607

Restrictions:

                        You cannot truncate the parent table of an enabled
referential integrity constraint. You must disable the
                        constraint before truncating the table. (An
exception
is that you may truncate the table if the integrity constraint is
                        self-referential.)

Brian P. Mac Lean
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
OCPv8/Oracle Master