RE: A question about performance

From: Marina Leonardo, Jose Luis <JLMarina_at_Uni2.es>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:28:14 +0200

Hi,

CASE 1 is the correct one. Why use the index first and for every entry go to the blocks on te table?
You have to full scan the data table blocks anyway, so just do it without wasting time (and resources) reading the index and - after - going to the table in a scattered way.

Anyway probe it and let us know the results.

HTH Joselu
www.OraEs.com
Madrid (SPAIN)