RE: Archivelog

From: Djordje Jankovic <djankovic_at_corp.attcanada.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:32:48 -0400

  1. When you issue the "aler database ..." command the database cannot be opened but mounted.
  2. You should start archiving: alter system archive log start [ to 'filename' ] ;
  3. There are few parameters in the init.ora file (this is for the version 8.0):
LOG_ARCHIVE_START
LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST
LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST
LOG_ARCHIVE_FORMAT

These parameters will take effect when you start your database (so make the change before you start the database).

Djordje Jankovic