Re: your mail

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_bcbso.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 16:45:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, ARUN K C wrote:

> Hi all,
> Can anybody please let me know as to whether you are facing any probs with
> dba_waiters,dba_blockers in 8.1.6,we upgraded up on of out m/c from 7.3.4 to
> 8.1.6,when we query the dba_waiters it hangs and even the dba_blockers
> hang,I am not able to why this is happening.
> Can somebody please help me out with this

Try querying v$session_wait to see what the query is waiting on.

Jared

set line 110 feed on pause off echo off
set trimspool on

clear col
clear break

col cusername new_value uusername
prompt Enter Username:
set feed off echo off term off
select '&1' cusername from dual;
set term on feed on

col sid format 99999
col username format a10
col event format a30
col p1text format a10
col wait_time format 999999 head 'WAIT|TIME' col seconds_in_wait format 999999 head 'SECONDS|IN|WAIT' col state format a20

break on username skip 1 on event

select

        s.username username,
        e.event event,