RE: How to set SGA size initially?

From: Gurgaon, DBA (CAP, GECSI, CONTRACTOR) <DBA.Gurgaon_at_geind.GE.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:33:12 +0530

Dear Gaja
What you are saying is right ,your sga can be more than 50% of your ram, provided that you are running no other things on your server. Actually the things I'd written in my previous mail are recommended by oracle.
More over I've not seen a single database where shared pool is smaller than data buffer cache.

Vikas

Author: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha
  INET: gajav_at_yahoo.com