RE: Problem with delete trigger

From: Daemen, Remco <R.Daemen_at_arbeidsbureau.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 12:08:56 +0200

Hi,

To solve your problem, you can move your select ... to a function, which must be placed in a package, and in the package specification you should add 'pragma restrict_references( <function_name>, WNDS);', with which you promise not to change the database state.

Eg. your header would look something like this:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE package_name as

function does_another_record_exist (productid number) return boolean;

pragma restrict_references( does_another_record_exist, WNDS );

end package_name;
/

You can now use the function in your trigger.

This is all off the top of my head, so please beware for syntax errors.

HTH Remco