Re: I/O activity during HOT backups

From: Gaja Krishna Vaidyanatha <gajav_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:12:50 -0700 (PDT)

William,

This goes to prove that not everyone who writes a book know what the heck they are talking about. There is so much wrong information out there and the idea of a list such as ours, is to get the facts, shut out the noise and confront the technical issues head on. It gets even worse in the area of "performance tuning", there is even more "voodoo" out there and reading it sometimes makes my blood boil. Well, I just tell myself "serenity now", take a few deep breaths and move on with life.

Best Regards,

Gaja.