RE: Block size or replication?

From: ARUN K C <arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 11:57:23 PDT

What sort of a replication are you talking about is it synchronous or asynchronous,even if it is either one of this,can you let me know how many transactions per second is the database handling. Since replication is a trigger based, not many are recommending the advanced replication provided by oracle for high end databases which are running 24x7,even in our company they have descided to switch to log based replication which is done by shareplex or srdf,emc etc. Better to carefully descide on what sort of an replication you want to go.