RES: I/O activity during HOT backups

From: Clebert Duarte Mattos <CMattos_at_americel.com.br>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:38:42 -0300

Hi Steve,

We are successfully applying EMC tecnhology (TimeFinder) for offline backups. The approximate time to do a full estabilish of a 130Gb Oracle = DB
is around 40 minutes. Incremental synchronization takes much less time, = and
split (mirroring break) takes less than one minute.

We are also implementing online backup strategies for a 24x7 DB, and TimeFinder will play a very important role in it. We will be able to = put
every tablespace in backup mode for less than one minute, reducing redo logging and archiving needs.=20

It is completely certified by Oracle. For those interested I can send = some
copies of papers (pdf) on EMC Business Continuance Volumes (BCV) and = Oracle
online backups.

Regards,

Lists