Locally managed tablespaces

From: Madhavan Amruthur <mad012000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:12:52 PDT

Hi,
We created our tablespaces as locally managed and we have about 4 tablespaces that are 40G. According to note 111666.1 on Metalink one extent from each datafile is used for storage management and we have 200M uniform
extent size which means we lose 4G over a 40G tablespace with 20 data files. We have 4 tablespaces with 40G
and that means 16G. We also have other tablespaces 20G.

Is there a better way to do it other than converting it into a dict managed tbs with uniform extent size?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Regards,

Madhavan
IBM Corporation