PRO*C Unresolved Symbols error

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:39:40 -0400

To ALL,

    I recently ran it to a bug with Oracle's Pro*C on HP-UX 11/Oracle 8.1.6. What we ran into was a 'unresolved symbols" message for a function called 'nnfotran(code)". I ran this into OTS which initially did not produce a very good result. Seems that this was an error on AIX but not HP. After a rather rude (on both sides) conversation with the analyst the following came up:

This bug is relevant back to 815, when all the naming adapters were split out into separate libraries.
As implied above this problem can be corrected by moving the object from the ONames library to the net8 library;

$ ar x libnoname8.a nnfot.o
$ ar cr libn8.a nnfot.o
$ ar d libnoname8.a nnfot.o

Thought a few of you may be interested. This did work.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA & Pro*C hack
Vicor Corporation Received on Mon Jun 19 2000 - 08:39:40 CDT