Your opinion on ts sizes

From: <Lisa_Koivu_at_gelco.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:42:58 -0500

good morning fellow dbas-

I'm working on moving a 200GB database. I've decided to bite the bullet and recreate the objects in new tablespaces based upon SAFE. I'm wondering if there's any unwritten rule as to what size a tablespace should not exceed? I have 4 16GB tablespaces right now and I'm afraid to let them get any larger due to the time needed for TSPITR (which I'm hoping I will not encounter anytime soon). However I'm trying to minimize the number of tablespaces as much as possible.

What's the largest un-cumbersome tablespace size you are using?

Thanks for your comments.
Lisa
Greyhairtown,MN,USA Received on Mon Jun 19 2000 - 10:42:58 CDT