RE: Locally managed tablespaces

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 12:19:19 -0700

This is curious because I don't have this problem. Is this a bug on earlier versions or a platform difference? We're running O8.1.6 on Solaris 2.6 with Veritas. I've got 1GB datafiles which can hold 8 extents of 128M. Actually the size of the datafiles are 1GB + 64K for the 4 db block overhead needed for Veritas (my blocks are 16K). Are you taking into account the db blocks needed for datafile overhead? (Normal=1, raw=2, Veritas=4...)

Give this a try: Create a test tablespace of 1GB plus the necessary db block overhead. Then create a test table with an initial extent of 512M. Then try to allocate another extent to see if it fits. If not extend the datafile by another 2 db blocks and try it again. Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Steve Orr

Author: Madhavan Amruthur
  INET: mad012000_at_hotmail.com