V$Backup_device

From: Alex Vasiliev <alex_at_telepages.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:26:36 -0400

Hi everyone.

I first time using RMAN and LSM. (I created RMAN repository, registered DB. LSM installed. LSM - can mount and unmount type adn etc) But target DB, as I understand - still "don't know anything" about LSM & type devise.

SQLWKS> select * from V$BACKUP_DEVICE

     2>
DEVICE_TYPE       DEVICE_NAME
----------------- ---------------------

SBT_TAPE
1 row selected.

  What did I messed? When & how I supposed to "explain" to the   target DB (or may be RMAN) about my type device?

Thanks.

Alex Vasiliev
Oracle DBA

Tele-Pages Inc.