Re: VIRUS ALERT!

From: Janardhana Babu <jbdonga_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:16:03 -0700

--=====================_1396512679==_.ALT

Hi David,

Before I got the "virus alert" from you, I opend "Bad Times" E-Mail while eating lunch, and it ate all my lunch. You owe me a lunch now.

>VIRUS ALERT!
>
>Watch out for this one.
>
>If you receive an email entitled "Badtimes," delete it immediately. Do not
>open it. Apparently this one is pretty nasty.
>
>It will not only erase everything on your hard drive, but it will also
>delete anything on disks within 20 feet of your computer.
>
>It demagnetizes the stripes on ALL of your credit cards.
>
>It reprograms your ATM access code, screws up the tracking on your VCR and
>uses subspace field harmonics to scratch any CD's you attempt to play.
>
>It will re-calibrate your refrigerator's coolness settings so all your ice
>cream melts and your milk curdles.
>
>It will program your phone auto dial to call only your mother-in-law's
>number.
>
>This virus will mix antifreeze into your fish tank.
>
>It will drink all your beer.(For God's sake men are you listening?!?!)
>
>It will leave dirty socks on the coffee table when you are expecting company.
>
>It will replace your shampoo with Nair and your Nair with Rogaine, all
>while dating your current boy/girlfriend behind your back and billing
>their hotel rendezvous to your Visa card.
>
>It will cause you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is
>only fun until someone loses an eye.
>
>It will rewrite your backup files, changing all your active verbs to
>passive tense and incorporating undetectable misspellings which grossly
>change the interpretations of key sentences.
>
>If the "Badtimes" message is opened in a Windows95/98 environment, it will
>leave the toilet seat up and leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously
>close to a full bathtub.
>
>It will not only remove the forbidden tags from your mattresses and
>pillows, it will also refill your skim milk with whole milk.
>
>**WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.**
>
>In case you are a blonde, this is a joke.

--=====================_1396512679==_.ALT

Hi David,<br>
Before I got the &quot;virus alert&quot; from you, I opend &quot;Bad Times&quot; E-Mail while eating lunch, and it ate all my lunch. You owe me a lunch now.<br>
-- Janardhana Babu<br>
At 02:50 PM 6/19/00 -0800, Shockey, David wrote:<br>

delete it immediately. Do not open it. Apparently this one is pretty nasty.<br>
It will not only erase everything on your hard drive, but it will also delete anything on disks within 20 feet of your computer.<br> <br>
It demagnetizes the stripes on ALL of your credit cards. <br> <br>
It will re-calibrate your refrigerator's coolness settings so all your ice cream melts and your milk curdles. <br> <br>

It will cause you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is only fun until someone loses an eye. <br>

If the &quot;Badtimes&quot; message is opened in a Windows95/98 environment, it will leave the toilet seat up and leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to a full bathtub.<br> <br>
It will not only remove the forbidden tags from your mattresses and pillows, it will also refill your skim milk with whole milk.<br> <br>
**WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN.** <br> <br>