RE: Locally Managed Tablespace Survey

From: Gait, Christopher <cgait_at_condor.nrl.navy.mil>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:00:02 -0400

I've been trying to track down the source I got this from, but not succeeded. There is a good hint on cleaning up the temp segments here:

http://www.oracle.com/oramag/code/tips2000/Tip18.html

The article mentions 'more than two hours'in connection with SMON waking up to clean out the temp segments, but not the specific '25 cycles' I have heard of. The figure of 125 minutes is 25 standard 5 minute cycles for SMON, and is supposedly the time between normal wakeups for temp cleanup.

Regards,
Christopher Gait
Oracle DBA

(Semi)permanent address: cjgait_at_yahoo.com http://www.geocities.com/athens/3623

"Death is nature's way of saying: NEXT!"