ORA-12547 on HPUX 11

From: Michael Kline <maklinesr_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 14:51:21 -0400

A customer converted from to HPUX 11.0 while on Oracle 7.3.3 or 7.3.4...

Anyhow, after a successful system conversion he got a ton of "unresolved symbols" when trying to start Oracle and HP told him to relink the code. So, I've done that, and everything went away, except that I still get an:

ORA-12547: TNS: lost contact

error and svrmgrl will not come up. lsnrctl start and stop appear to work just fine. But the database simply will not start and it's asking me for a password and I don't think it did before.

Has anyone seen this before? Is HPUX 11 64-bit and is it necessary to totally reinstall with a 7.3.3/4 64-bit option? Something just doesn't jive here, and the bulk of my customers are SUN, so this one is new to me... I'll be checking metalink, but if someone has seen this, they will probably have more info than there.

Thanks.

Michael Kline
ThinkSpark
Richmond, VA Received on Sun Jun 18 2000 - 13:51:21 CDT