Job Posting

From: Deshpande, Kirti <Kirti.Deshpande_at_gtedc.gte.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:11:03 -0500

We, GTE Corporation (Directories Divison), are looking for an Oracle DBA to fill a permanent position.
We are in Dallas/Forth Worth area (yes, in TEXAS, USA; actually on the D/FW Airport campus).
Here is what I know of the requirements: 1) 2-3 Years of Oracle DBA experience with databases larger than ~30GB, both at logical & physical level.
2) Knowledge of DB2-UDB (on UNIX) can be a plus. We do not have any DB2-UDB databases..but ...
3) Experience with databases used/abused by real end users via home grown Applications &/or SQL(not just accessed via front-end canned packages that log in as a single user)..
4) Not be a 'job hopper'
5) Good UNIX background (Knowledge of Open-VMS will be a plus point, though)

6) US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Sorry.. H1B holders) 7) Knowledge of Designer/2000, ADSM (IBM), AUTOSYS, UNIX Shell scripting, BMC PATROL and DB Tools, SQLab, TOAD are definite pluses. Knowledge of NT can be a plus, but not at all necessary. We do have just one little Appl on NT, a database with one table. (Please... Don't ask me anything about that).

 Excellent benefits, telecommuting, free ISDN connection to work, access (monitored to some degree) to Internet, minimum of 10 days training per year (or more depending on Project needs) and so on. We are a great place to work. I have been here for the past 3 years and love it. The boss leaves us DBAs alone to do whatever is necessary and right, and goes a long way to support his team.
Although we work in an 24X7 environment, it is not at all a stressful environment. Typically we put in 40-45 hours a week. Of course, there is always work if you want to work more !!

Oh... one last requirement : Willing to work in a team of 8 other DBAs with varying backgrounds (and personalities!)

If interested, please contact me off line...

Thanks