Mutliple log switches right after cold backups on Oracle7 for NT

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:44:29 -0300

Fyi,

I got feedback from Oracle, they say the reason I get seven to fourteen = log
switches when the Designer repository starts up on one of my NT servers = is
because I do this before and after the backup:

Shutdown abort
Startup open
Shutdown normal

Cold backup

Startup open

They say that crash recovery takes place and so there are multiple log switches.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique=20
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO

E-Mail: boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca <mailto:boivinp_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>=20 Received on Thu Jun 15 2000 - 07:44:29 CDT