Re: Waiting for smon to disable tx recovery.

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:05:47 -0400

I'm guessing a bit here, but when you startup after a SHUTDOWN ABORT, Oracle needs to perform crash recovery. Is it possible that your are issuing your SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE statement while that recovery is still underway? Could the delay then be a result of SMON needing to finish the recovery before shutting down the database again?

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are