migration of standby database

From: ARUN K C <arun_k_c_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:05:40 PDT

I have migrated on of my prod 7.3.4 database to 8.1.6 now I have to migrate its standby databases.
Now according to the oracle doc he says create stanby controlfile and copy it to the standby location and also copy the first file ie the system to the standby location and voila it works he says, but that is not so,
Am I missing something can somebody please let me know as to how exactly it has to be done
Thanks in advance
Arun