Re: What should sys admins know about Oracle?

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:58:47 -0400

The one "disk" concept is becoming a problem in todays small e-business = world.
If you go to the DELL site and ask them to configure a server for you that = is Oracle certified=20
you will get a RAID-5 drive to put all your table spaces on. Currently I = have a 72 GIG RAID-5=20
drive that contains the TEMP,ROLLBACK,INDEXES,DATA, SYSTEM,and a copy of = the REDO logs.
The other 9GIG RAID-1 drives contain the Novell (cringe...) system and the = ORA files=20
along with the second copy of my REDO logs and the ARCHIVE logs. It is the = configuration that
is recommended and sold today. I am still battleing for a second cabinet = that will contain=20
4 new 18GIG drives to split my datafile requirements. The main drawback = will then be
the single disk controller card.

One step forward.. fallback into darkness. Ron Rogers
DBA Atlanta,GA

>>> carmichr_at_hotmail.com 06/15/00 04:14PM >>>
Chris,

They want their databases on that disk....

Rachel

--=20
Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: carmichr_at_hotmail.com=20