Re: oracle on novell

From: Michael Ray <Michael.Ray_at_trw.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:39:01 -0700

We just moved a database over to a 5.1 server from NT a month ago so I = can't say much. Being without a DBA now, it took us some time to resolve a = variety of export/import issues such as character sets and file sizes. = Apparently, Novell can't handle files over 4GB (which seems ridiculous to = me BTW). Anyway, it's been chugging along for a month now without any = trouble. We don't have a hot backup strategy working on Novell yet like we = did for NT so we take it down twice a week for cold backups.

We can't seem to find any software (like Veritas for NT) that will do hot = backups correctly. Any ideas???

Michael Ray
CIM Engineer
TRW Marshall
Michael.Ray_at_trw.com
217-826-3011 x2438

>>> oli_at_cubeoffice.de 06/13 4:58 PM >>>

Hi everyone,
has someone experience with oracle on novell? I hear nothing about this = port.
It is so bad or too small?

---

Oliver Artelt
  cubeoffice GmbH & Co.KG # jordanstrasse 7 # 39112 magdeburg
telefon: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 10 # telefax: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 10
   email: oli@cubeoffice.de # web: http://www.cubeoffice.de=20