RE: SQL*LOADER - Trailing spaces

From: Jain, Akshay <Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:45:01 -0400

I say that if this field is a code, then it should be more strictly enforced as to length, and containing spaces. Perhaps if you can use a CHAR datatype, then the problem becomes moot.

Anyway, you can strip the blank with an RTRIM in your control file, on the fly.

Akshay Jain

Newcourt-CIT
Tel. (416) 507-5385
mailto:Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com