Re:Setting the archive destination

From: <Lisa_Koivu_at_gelco.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 14:21:14 -0500

Will doing this possibly mess with a currently running RMAN job? This happens so frequently I could scream: My arc destination fills up and I have to manually fiddle with the backups, and move files not included in the current backup elsewhere until the current backup completes. Then I move the arclogs back to the arc dest and start another backup. Would issuing this command at the command line confuse the currently running RMAN job?

I'm dealing with this right now. Once I get out of this mess I will try it out.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Lisa

dgoulet_at_vicr.com on 06/14/2000 10:55:32 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Lisa Koivu/GELCO)

Subject: Re:Setting the archive destination

alter system archivelog start to <wherever>

Author: Linda Hagedorn <Linda_at_pets.com>
Date:       6/13/00 1:13 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to set the archive destination on a system which is running, or will I have to change the config file and shutdown/startup the database?

Thanks, Linda

Author: Linda Hagedorn
  INET: Linda_at_pets.com