PeopleSoft Message Agent

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:23:21 -0400

OK, This is somewhat off topic, but I believe if anyone in this world has tried this, then their listening on this list. Replies can be sent directly back to me instead of the whole list to keep the message volume down.

We're in the middle of a PeopleSoft implementation for our Manufacturing area to replace our current ManMan system. The problem we have is that we have implemented a number of automatic feedback steps from out assembly line back to ManMan. This is a necessary evil as the assembly line is for the most part fully automated, namely it scraps stuff, orders parts, completes assemblies & orders by itself and then sends this info back into ManMan for further actions, like by purchasing & shipping & the stock room. Now we want to transfer these actions to PeopleSoft, but without re-inventing the wheel (namely we want to use the panels delivered by PeopleSoft). We're being directed towards the Apps server trough this thing called the PeopleSoft Message agent. Anyone know what this is, how you set it up (especially on HP-UX 11), and most importantly how you talk to it(especially in C)???

Thanks in advance.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Vicor Corporation Received on Wed Jun 14 2000 - 17:23:21 CDT