Re: OFF OFF TOPIC: Baker street, Moscow and born in U.S.S.R - (repl

From: Ari D Kaplan <akaplan_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:55:11 -0500 (CDT)

OK Alex,

Recently I've been staying at the Grand Hotel Marriott on Tverskaya. Bill Clinton and Hillary and Albright and about 200 staffers took over the hotel during their meetings with Putin, so I had to move to the Tverskaya-Yamskaya Marriott (near Belyaruskaya Metro).

Other times I've been at the famous Slavyanskaya, and the Swiss Diamond (formerly Belgrade) near the old Arbat. For you listers out there who have never been to Moscow, this is a great street with performers, Pushkin's house, food, and even biker bars!

I do have friends who live in cooler places, such as Novy Arbat.

Take care,

-Ari