Re: PeopleSoft Message Agent

From: Larry Strickland <stricklandl_at_voyager.spjc.cc.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 21:21:27 -0400

Dick,

Hidden in the PeopleSoft documentation is an API for the message agent. You can speak to it through C fairly easily and through other languages such as COBOL, Perl, etc. with some additional work. The API differs depending on the version of the Message Agent and the version of your product. Unfortunately, we have Financials, HR and Student Admin, but not Manufacturing, so even my limited experience won't help.

Keep digging through the documentation, though, it IS there and as I remember it, it isn't terribly difficult (that said, I went around the back door and use direct database access because it was easier in my instance).

larry