RE: Would you allow this?

From: Maheshwara Rao, L., Teki <teki01_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:38:20 -0400

Maheshwara Rao, L., Teki
E Mail : teki01_at_mediaone.net

-----Original Message-----
From: root_at_fatcity.com [mailto:root_at_fatcity.com]On Behalf Of Lisa_Koivu_at_gelco.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 3:51 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Would you allow this?

Yes, it was politics, not best interests, speaking earlier. The decision has
changed and the demo is not being allowed, I raised a holy stink about it. (Boy
they love me) I'm gone at the end of the month anyway. And I thought I had an
even temper... I could play lame duck and not care but it just isn't me. Instead I am spending the last two weeks re-implementing a backup strategy and
migrating a database.

However I am convinced that wherever I work next is not going to be much different.
Hi

We hava a similar scenario on our Production. A third party application uses SYSTEM tablespace for storing & sorting ops. I raised lots of objections orally and in writing to higher ups and to the vendor. No use. So, I keep increasing the SYSTEM table space continuosly due to fragmentation.

DB - 8.0.4 : Sun Solaris 2.6 : Around 65 records inserted in a minute into the DB.

Maheswara Rao

<<<<<<

Lisa Wrote

How many of you would allow a vendor to come in and do a demo on a Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 23:38:20 CDT