JOIN question

From: Andreas Jung <ajung_at_sz-sb.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 09:46:41 +0200

Assume the following tables:

MAIN(docnum number primary key,text varchar2); CODES(docnum number ,code varchar2);

The CODES table contains multiple rows with the same docnum. I want to fetch the "text" and all "code" columns with the same docnum in a single row.

I tried:
select main.docnum,main.text,codes.code where main.docnum=codes.docnum

But this gives me a row for every row in CODES but not a single one. How can I reduce the multiple rows to a single one ? Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 02:46:41 CDT