Re: Without using sysdate

From: Charlie Mengler <charliem_at_mwh.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:38:27 -0700

I finally came up with a way to determine the current month without using SYSDATE. One could use UTL_FILE to read the alert_SID.log file to parse out the timestamp & subsequently the current month.

P.S.
This almost sounds like an assignment for an undergrad class in SQL.

Jared Still wrote:

> Write an external C procedure to use localtime and
> return the current month.
>
> Not sure what the value is in this though. Using
> SYSDATE would be faster.
>
> Jared
>
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Veera Prasad wrote:
>
> > Can anybody teach me how to findout current month
> > without using sysdate.
> >
> > Regards
> > Veera
> >
> > --
> > Author: Veera Prasad
> > INET: vprasad_at_olf.com

> Jared Still
> Certified Oracle DBA and Part Time Perl Evangelist ;-)
> Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon
> jkstill_at_bcbso.com - Work - preferred address
> jkstill_at_teleport.com - private
>
> --
> Author: Jared Still
> INET: jkstill_at_bcbso.com

Charlie Mengler                               Maintenance Warehouse
charliem_at_mwh.com                              5505 Morehouse Drive
858-552-6229                                  San Diego, CA 92121
Always be sincere about your enthusiasm, whether you mean it or not.