Re: Oracle on Linux Anyone?

From: Dwayne Cox <dcox_at_eng.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:45:59 -0400

I am in the process of migrating an Oracle 6 database from Novell to Oracle 8i Release 2 running on Red Hat 6.1. The hardware is a Pentium II 400mhz machine with 256MB RAM and two 9G SCSI drives.

All is working just fine. The install was a pain (seems that is standard for Oracle...at least in my experience) but it improved with Release 2.

Currently, the db is up and working fine.

Dwayne Cox                                   University of Florida
Senior Systems Programmer                    College of Engineering
dcox_at_eng.ufl.edu                             521 Weil Hall
352.392.9217                                 Gainesville, FL  32611

The opinions expressed are the author's own unless otherwise stated Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 09:45:59 CDT