RE: Would you allow this?

From: Steve Orr <sorr_at_arzoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:12:08 -0700

Lisa,
> I am concerned about it starting runaway queries and eating up resources

Definitely could create a headache. If you don't have a choice in the matter then create a profile/user account just for them, set resource_limit=true and setup some reasonable CPU limits, etc. If they bump up against the limits then you can ask, "What's wrong with your software that it consumes so much resource?"

Then take two aspirin and call us in the morning.

Steve Orr

Author: Allin, Sean
  INET: sallin_at_trimarine-usa.com

Author: William Beilstein