The MTS_DISPATCHERS parameter

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:45:44 -0400

I have a question about MTS. The manual says that you can do:

MTS_DISPATCHERS=3D"(PROTOCOL=3DTCP)(DISPATCHERS=3D5)" This I understand. You get 5 dispatchers servicing TCP/IP connections. The manual also says that you can do:

MTS_DISPATCHERS=3D"((ADDRESS=3D(PARTIAL=3DTRUE)(PROTOCOL=3DTCP)(HOST=3D14= 4.25.16.201))(DISPATCHERS=3D2)" It's not at all clear to me just why you might choose this second option over the first. I understand that it allows you to specify the IP address to be used by the dispatchers, but so what? Why would I care?=20

The manual also says that instead of ADDRESS or PROTOCOL, that you can also use DESCRIPTION, but it's not clear just what that buys me either.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 10:45:44 CDT