Where I'm from

From: Debra Ruggerie <druggerie_at_ugf.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:41:42 -0600

I grew up on the East Coast -- Pennsylvania and Virginia. Came to Great Falls, Montana via Cleveland, Ohio and South Carolina. Montana is definitely home.

For those backcountry enthusiasts.....

Lots of opportunities in Montana. Some favorites are anywhere in the Front Range of the Rockies, Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, and the Absaroka-Beartooth area, particularly the trail from East Rosebud to Cooke City. Also lots of great places around Walt's area of Montana -- but I'm less familiar with them. Sure, all these areas are grizzly bear country, but in the hundres of miles I've hiked here I've never run into a grizzly bear on the trail. I worry more about the moose -- they are the most ill-tempered animals I've encountered.

Debbie Ruggerie
University of Great Falls
Great Falls, Montana Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 13:41:42 CDT