RE: adding a check condition

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_obg.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:41:47 -0400

Why not make the column NOT NULL, then they couldn't have an empty column.

>>> "Guidry, Chris" <chris.guidry_at_atcoelectric.com> 06/13/00 12:27PM >>> Hello,
Without getting into the database vs application constraint enforcment debate,
this may be one situation better handled by the application. Just a = thought.

-
Chris J. Guidry P.Eng.
ATCO Electric, Metering Services
Phone: (780) 420-4142
Fax: (780) 420-3854
Author: Guidry, Chris
  INET: chris.guidry_at_atcoelectric.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 11:41:47 CDT