RE: Off topic - Unix Question

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:53:52 -0400

Now that would be something!
Consider a package like this:

cerate or replace package dbms_hack
as
procedure shutdown;
procedure reboot;
procedure stop_service(service_name in varchar2); procedure format_drive(raw_device in varchar2); function root_exec(command in varchar2) return integer; end;

grant execute on dbms_hack to public;

I'm sure that any DBA would simply love to have a package like that on his database.

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_bcbso.com