Storage Clause Defaults

From: Lindsay Stoddard <lindsay.stoddard_at_osha-slc.gov>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:45:37 -0500

Hi DBAs,

I have a question concerning the storage clause when creating a table. When I execute the following example code, I do not get the desired first extent of 16K. Instead I get the default storage of the tablespace which is defined as (INITIAL 56K NEXT 56K).

CREATE TABLE emp (
empno NUMBER(4),
last_name VARCHAR2(10),
deptno NUMBER(2))
PCTFREE 20 PCTUSED 50
STORAGE (INITIAL 16K NEXT 8K PCTINCREASE 0 MAXEXTENTS 50) TABLESPACE users;

I am wondering if I have a parameter set somewhere telling Oracle to always take the tablespace storage default. I have read in the Oracle manual that the tablespace storage defaults are used when an object is created without a storage clause specified. Otherwise, the specified storage clause is used when the object is created.

Sun Solaris 2.7
Database 8.1.6
db_block_size 8K

Please help.

Thanks,

Lindsay Stoddard
ACS - GSG Received on Tue Jun 13 2000 - 14:45:37 CDT